Antiviral Air Filters
NitroPep's antiviral air filter could help to reduce the impact of Covid-19 on your business
Airborne transmission of SARS-CoV 2 virus, the virus responsible for the Covid-19 pandemic, can be reduced by improved ventilation and air quality.
NitroPep’s antimicrobial coating technology when applied to filters offers a cost-effective method of reducing the risk of disease transmission.
Key features of NitroPep antiviral air filters
- NitroPep antimicrobial-coated filters are quick and easy to install
- Biocide product regulated chemicals give antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial efficacy
- Safe for use (class PT2 applications of BPR)
- No air pressure drop is observed when the coating is applied to the filter
- The coated filter membrane retains efficacy throughout the lifetime of the filter
- Simply replace the existing filter with a NitroPep coated filter
- The NitroPep coating has been successfully applied to a range of filters from grades G4 (Europe) – MERV 6-8 (USA) through to M6/M7 (Europe) – MERV 12-14 ( USA)
NitroPep's air filter is installed easily into any filtration and air flow control system. Its antiviral and antimicrobial properties prevent infection spreading.
Class 3 laboratory studies have shown 99.999% of SARS-CoV-2 virus particles are killed in less than one minute by our antimicrobial coating. It also kills other rounded coronaviruses such as common flu, Gram +ve and Gram –ve bacteria and various types of fungus.
Protect your customers, guests and members of your team with a cost-effective method of improving air quality.
Class 3 laboratory studies have shown NitroPep's Antiviral air filters kill 99.999% of SARS-CoV-2 particles in under 1 minute.
It also kills other coronaviruses, Gram +ve and Gram –ve bacteria and various fungi.
The science behind it…
The secret to our antiviral air filter is in the coating… A NitroPep coated filter removes contaminants from the air and does not introduce new substances to the air.
It works by capturing airborne particles which may contain pathogenic species and viruses and killing them.
NitroPep’s scientifically-proven and patented technology works by chemically bonding a regulated biocide to the surface of the filter membrane. A process called cell lysis ruptures the cell walls – imagine needles popping balloons – and the pathogens are then destroyed after contact. As well as killing airborne bacteria this technology has also been shown to be effective against fungi and viruses. Biosafety Level 3 (BL3) laboratory studies conducted at the University of Birmingham using test protocols similar to ISO 18184:2019 have shown that a NitroPep-coated filter can kill over 99.999% SARS-CoV 2 virus in under 60 seconds.
See our machines in action
Here’s a video that shows our machine in action spraying filters: